I’ve been doing everything but packing for my trip. I reorganized my room and found a strawberry ring I got in Prague stored inside the strawberry ring box that Zeolite got me from Tokyo. I’ve also been reading The Proust Questionnaire, a book of Marcel Proust’s Q&A self-reflections. His questionnaire is very extensive (he started when he was 13 years old!) so I just selected a few and answered them myself.
My Proust Questionnaire:
What is your most treasured possession?
- My diaries from elementary school and family photo albums
Where would you like to live?
- In a big city with a small community of good friends. Or in nature somewhere beautiful and quiet, hopefully with mountains and waterfalls. Ideally, I would split my year living in two very different homes.
Who is your favorite painter?
- Ernst Ludwig Kirchner
Which historical figure do you most identify with?
- My grandmother, whom I will always remember
What is your principle defect?
- Forgetfulness and thus, over-documentation of life
What is the trait you most deplore in others?
What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
- That I will never have the chance to find my family tree
What do you most dislike about your appearance?
- My forehead
What is your favorite occupation?
- Wandering, discovering, collecting, sharing
What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
- Becoming inflexible (body and mind) and alone
What is your motto?
- Follow my heart. I feel self-conscious about sounding cheesy but this is very important, especially when the voices of the people around you (even those with only the best intentions) grow stronger than your own. Sometimes the hardest thing is to find the courage to follow your own heart.
*The paintings are by Ernst Ludwig Kirchner