The sky was perfectly blue all Sunday. After lazily doing laundry at my place with all the windows open, I went into town for an impromptu picnic with Max and Taurin. Afterwards, we met up with Jacob and his girlfriend for some coffee at 1984, a cozy garden bookstore and cafe on Hunan Road. On our table was a friendly stack of a Milan Kundera novel, Michel Foucault’s book of theory, and Uncocoro (the Japanese book about “intestinal health”). Inside the bookstore they also have little knickknacks and handmade stationary. Shanghai must have so many hidden nooks and places I haven’t been to yet.
P.S. I’m really excited about sharing this mix with you all. It’s not very long, but I think you’ll like it!
1. Green Rain – Shugo Tokumaru
2. Gobbledigook – Sigur Ros
3. Flow in a Tide – Takako Minekawa, Michiko Endoh
4. An Owl With Knees – The Books
5. La Harpe Jaune – Areski et Brigitte Fontaine
6. ’85 into the Night – Beams
7. Ursulan Uni – Paavoharju
8. Breathing Place – Vibrasphere